Thursday, September 27, 2012

First Bath

First Bath

We celebrated Ivy's six-week birthday on Tuesday with her first bath ever. Westley was more than a little enthusiastic about it—as evidenced by his squealing on the video that Rob accidentally shot when the camera he grabbed was set to "movie."  


I think she thought, "This seems oddly familiar."

First Bath

"But I can't put my finger on why."

First Bath

Overall, Ivy seemed pretty neutral on the whole bath time adventure. Westley cooing at her and Daddy taking pictures seemed to take away from the surprise of being naked and surrounded by warm water.

I thought bathing a baby without special baby-bathing gear might be awkward, but it was fine. More than fine! Taking Ivy in the big bathtub was so much easier than wrestling with the baby bathtub, and a whole lot nicer than using the kitchen sink. I think I had more fun than she did.

First Bath

.....................................

5 comments:

Mia said...

She's just so cute...love her little expressions!

Allison the Meep said...

Ivy is the coolest! It's cool how alert and aware she is. And I love Westley's little chirping sounds. Family bath time is the best.

Mama Smith said...

She's getting even cuter! The first of many baths :)

MOMSICLE VIBE said...

Soooo cute! I used to love doing that with Soleil. Lucy hasn't gone for a dip with me yet... I was SO sad when I went to see her in the NICU on her 3rd day of life and she smelled different and the nurses told me that yes, they had bathed her. Without asking or telling me. Twice. Boooooo. We are gonna have a redo here at home in the next week or so. Ivy is adorable! So is her doting brother.

Sara said...

So fun! The look on your face says it all, what a blast. :)