Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Ivy, One Week

Ivy, One Week

Every time I sit down to write Ivy's birth story I get overwhelmed and have to stop. Or she wakes up and wants to eat. For an hour.

My milk came in on Friday, which lead to lots of singing ("Friday, Friday, lettin' down on Friday..."). And then I think it came in a second time, because Ivy suddenly can't get enough! I haven't really had a break from nursing today. She's pretty happy right now, but any minute she's going to figure out that her hands don't have any milk in them.

Ivy, One Week
OMG, Hands!
OMG, Hands!
Ivy, One Week

So far Ivy is an excellent, albeit leisurely nurser. I guess she figures we don't have anywhere to be—which is mostly right. I'm looking forward to feeling a bit more normal (and energetic? maybe?) and resuming some of my regular activities. But I'm also finding it very difficult to imagine doing anything other than snuggle at my little girl.

Ivy, One Week

.....................................

8 comments:

Mama Smith said...

What a sweet little beauty. Hope you're feeling well and enjoying this time just snuggling.

Allison the Meep said...

Ivy is the most beautiful newborn I have ever seen. Seriously. In the awake pictures, she seems so aware, too!

Allison the Meep said...

Dude, I keep popping back on here to look at pictures of Ivy because she is so unbelievably cute. And now I sound like a psycho.

Candace said...

Happy 1 week gorgeous!

Sara said...

How could you not want to snuggle her all day? What cuteness.

Mia said...

So cute!

Sonora said...

She is so darling. Congratulations to the whole family!

Lauren Knight said...

Gah. Stop! You are making me want another one!

But seriously. She is incredible. I am so happy for you!