Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Growth

First Blooms

The baby still has a heartbeat!

I am so relieved and surprised and relieved all over again. It's strange, but when you've been slammed up against terror enough times, logic stops seeming logical, and intuition goes out the window. I was certain I was in for bad news today, while also reminding myself that, most likely, everything is fine.

Everything is better than fine. My appointment was beautiful—which is not a word I use freely, but my midwife loves it. She addresses me as Beautiful, and I totally believe her. My blood pressure is beautiful, my diet is beautiful, my weight gain is beautiful... (Oh, God, I was so the George Carlin dog today, you guys.)

My uterus is growing. My baby's heart is beating. And the first spring flowers are coming up in front of my house.

First Blooms

.....................................

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so happy that you're happy. And you've always been beautiful.

Tara said...

Beautiful! Great news, indeed.

Cait said...

So much love to you, Westley, Rob, and the little-heartbeat-holding-on-tight bundle.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful News. Gotta love the music of the beating heart!
~Sarah

Mama Smith said...

What wonderful news! It is always so reassuring to know that everything is going along perfectly. Only a few more weeks until you get to find out if it's a boy or girl!

Lauren Knight said...

So glad everything is going well! It is an amazing thing to hear that heartbeat! Good luck and hope you are feeling well. And you ARE beautiful!

Kate the Great said...

Hooray for excellent news, and ditto what Melissa said!

Allison the Meep said...

Grow, baby, grow!!!