Monday, February 20, 2012

Fourteen Weeks

Fourteen Weeks

Oh, hello, second trimester! I didn't see you there!

I haven't grown at all this week, but my little passenger is supposedly half an inch longer and half an ounce heavier. I've gained eight pounds, which seems like a tremendous amount. I'm becoming increasingly self-conscious about these weekly photos. Rob kept making me laugh while he was taking pictures, which helped.

Fourteen Weeks

I'm definitely feeling better than I was in the early days, but I still get headaches for no reason. I still start feeling exhausted around 4:00 PM every day, and the nausea, while not as severe as it was a few weeks ago, still turns up every evening. My sleep cravings are insatiable. Yesterday I took a three-hour nap, and it wasn't enough.

My emotions have been all over the place. I alternate between hating everyone and feeling so much love for Rob and Westley that I can't stand it. I also no longer react to things the way a normal, non-pregnant person might. On Saturday evening, I was holed up in my little corner of the living room, reading, intent on finishing a chapter before getting up for a drink. Suddenly Rob came over with my full water bottle. When he set it down next to me, I burst into tears.

Like any rational person would be, he was concerned. "What?"

I could barely speak. "I was so thirsty..."

.....................................

4 comments:

Allison the Meep said...

HEH! The last part made me laugh so much. Oh, pregnancy. You so crazy.

Mama Smith said...

Looking good- and oh those crazy hormonal outbursts! It's a wild ride.

Tara said...

Oh, that last part is so sweet and a perfect example of pregnancy induced crazy. Ha! You look great, Noelle!

autumn said...

Your smile laugh picture is just the most beautiful thing ever!