Monday, February 27, 2012

Fifteen Weeks

Fifteen Weeks

I am exactly the same size as last week, but I think I'm starting to look a little bit pregnant. Maybe? The effect is especially noticeable in the evening when, presumably, a days' worth of bean stews and hemp protein shakes is helping to push my belly out. People say you show sooner with second and subsequent pregnancies, but I'm not sure that's true for me so far. I might actually be smaller this time around than I was with Westley. (I also started this pregnancy five pounds lighter and somewhat fitter than I was the first time around.) Then again, I have 25 weeks in which to catch up.

Despite feeling like 10 hours of sleep isn't enough and being thirsty all the time, I'm feeling really well. The hormonal headaches are gone. I'm able to eat all the healthful stuff that was completely nauseous a few weeks ago, except for beans, which I still have to choke down. My back is mostly pain-free, and I'm trying to keep it that way by concentrating on my posture. I figure being in the habit of pulling my belly in when I'm walking and standing will only help as I expand. I'm even back to working out a few days a week.

I'm also making a very conscious effort to not complain. This may be the last time I get to do this, and I realize that even with the anxiety, I have the power to make this pregnancy a good experience overall.

While Westley was at school on Thursday morning, I picked up some groceries. I enjoy shopping on my own, though it always feels a little strange—like Isn't someone missing? I thought about Westley as I filled my cart with apples and bell peppers, miso, agave, and organic dark chocolate. (I'm not really a chocolate lover, but 1 oz. a day of the really good stuff keeps the sugar cravings away. Otherwise, I'd probably be drinking a Coke Slurpee the size of my head right now.) And just as I was feeling alone with my little shopping cart and no little man, it occurred to me that I wasn't actually alone. This was my special time with the baby.

I think I might be feeling a little baby movement every now and then. There's this one place in my lower left belly where, every now and then, I feel a bubble pop. It doesn't feel how I remember Westley's early movements feeling, but it's always in that exact spot. It's possible that there's just a loop of bowel there, and I'm feeling regular old gas.

Still, I say hello to the bubble whenever it happens.

Fifteen Weeks

.....................................

6 comments:

Tara said...

You look great, Noelle! I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling well. I constantly have to remind myself about my posture, but I find that when I am in a good posture groove I can definitely feel a difference. Alignment affects everything, especially back pain and breathing.

Good for you for consciously not complaining. I have been working on this a lot myself lately. Up to a point we all make our own experiences. It's so easy to get caught up in the moment and let the day to day get you worked up. I always feel so much better at the end of the day when I can look back and feel proud of who and how I was that day, you know?

Sarbear said...

I love the positive attitude you are taking toward your pregnancy. You look absolutely wonderful.

Mama Smith said...

You look wonderful and I'm so imressed with a vow to not complain, especially during a pregnancy. It really is true that our outlook shapes an experience more than anything else. Enjoy that quality time with the little one!

Allison the Meep said...

Gorgeous!! And a good alternate title to this would be "Under my umbrella-ella-ella" Or not. Heh!!

You are such a zen mama and inspire me like crazy.

Lea said...

So cute! I cannot wait to see the growth on that belly in a few weeks!

MOMSICLE VIBE said...

That is a cute bubble you are rocking! Ummm, why did I start showing at FOUR WEEKS? I have been rocking the mega-bloat and I'm looking about 4 weeks ahead of you, though I'm about 3 or 4 behind. Sigh...
You look great. And happy. Which is great.