Friday, February 24, 2012

Boys Don't Make Passes at Moms Who Wear Glasses

ON

I'm wearing my reading glasses when Westley comes out into the living room to say goodnight.

"Mommy, with those glasses on, you look kind of boring."

Boring. The lowest of preschool blows.

"Really? I kinda like 'em."

He shakes his head. No way. Your aesthetic is wrong, Mother. "Kind of boring."

I take the glasses off and set them down. "Better?"

"Yeah. You look pretty now."

OFF

.....................................

7 comments:

Adriana said...

I love this post

Adriana said...

And also, I think you look beautiful with 'me on and off

Jessica said...

This made me laugh! But, I'm going to have to disagree with Westley.

Candace said...

Ouch! You look good both way, don't let his comment get you down!!

Emma told me the other day that the pants I was wearing made me look ugly. Yikes!

Tara said...

I'm a big fan of ladies in frames, so I'm gonna have to disagree with Westley on this one!

Allison the Meep said...

Sorry, Westley, but your mom has that hot librarian thing going on with the glasses. One day you'll understand.

Mama Smith said...

I love the glasses. I secretly have always wished I needed glasses just cause I think they're stylin'!