31. I was on the color guard my first year in high school. It was an awful experience, but whenever I remember throwing a rifle in the air, watching it spin four times, and catching it with a solid, blood-vessel-bursting thwack, I feel pretty awesome.
32. I love song covers. I know it's musical blasphemy, but I frequently prefer the cover to the original, "authentic" song. In fact, I fantasize about forming an all-girl Liz Phair cover band called "Unphair." Who's with me?
33. I read different blogs differently. Some blogs I read every new post more or less as it pops up. Others I save, and polish off in large chunks. I have yet to determine whether there's a pattern to this (in other words, I have no idea why blogs end up in one category or another).
34. On a related note, I am ravenous when it comes to books. I love to hole up in my little corner of the living room and devour 300 pages in a weekend.
35. I love spending quality time with dogs—after which I'm very happy to go home to my dog-free house.
36. I drink my coffee and tea either black, or so gussied up with cream and sugar and mix-ins that it's practically wedding cake in a cup. But just a splash of milk? A bit of sugar? No, thank you.
37. I often think if Rob knew how crazy I really am, he'd leave me.
38. I love the theater (and all kinds of live performance). But when I have a positive experience, I like to repeat it over and over again. It breaks my heart that when I see a fantastic play, I can't see it again right away.
39. I think the kitty might be my familiar. She always seems to know when I feel bad and need some attention. And if I get down on the floor to do yoga or PT exercises, she comes and hangs out with me.
40. I hate surprises...but I love small, regular doses of spontaneity.