Friday, September 16, 2011

In Defense of Vlogging

Presented (mostly to Amber and Allisonhello, ladies—but also to all of you fine Internetters) without comment.

Okay, one comment: This is what the kid and I did instead of taking a nap.

Also, I have not edited anything in SIX WHOLE YEARS.

(Sorry, that was two comments. I'm a vlogger and a liar.)

Next time (?) I promise to mic myself.
Because I actually own a lav mic. Like. A Total. DORK.

Oh, hey, in case you're curious and/or want to repeat this performance doomed experiment vlog project, the instructions are to say the following words:

Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught.

And answer the following questions:
  • What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
  • What do you call the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
  • What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
  • What do you call gym shoes?
  • What do you say to address a group of people?
  • What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
  • What do you call your grandparents?
  • What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
  • What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
  • What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
* * *

I never did get to this (or maybe I did?): I'm originally from Southern California; I lived there for 18 years before attending college in Western Massachusetts; and I've lived in the Seattle area for the past six years.

(Like you're all going to read that and go, "Oh, that explains everything!")

.....................................

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gah! This was cute AND hilarious. Fun to hear you and Westley talking! You both sound different than I imagined. Weird that I "imagined" it in some way too. Hmm. Like when you've never met someone and then you see their face and it's totally different than your mind's picture. You are both so cute in "real life"!
Liliana

Cait said...

I think I gave myself a hernia, I laughed so hard during this.

"THE REMOTE!"

Good kid.

<3

Allison the Meep said...

OHHHHH MYYYYY GOOOODDDDDDDDDD.

You and Westley are officially the funniest people EVER and I love you guys and want to use eleventeen exclamation points just to show you how serious I am.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you know what I feel like now? Like that creepy person who is all, "Please be my BFF and spend every day with me and call me 10 times a day." Because it's true. I am that creepy person.

That was so awesome that you and Westley should do a weekly vlog, simply because everything he said was hilarious and cute. And you're magical faerie kinds of pretty and get me all enchanted. Oh god. I have just admitted a hetero crush.

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with Allison, please, Please, PLEASE do a Westley and Noelle weekly vlog. This was enchanting and it made my day.

Paige said...

Ok, I have always thought you pretty, but dear loardy... you are beautiful! Seeing you smile totally just made my day! You have a secret charm, lady.

(And, your editing made this video so.much.better)

Cindy said...

Now I love you even more!!

Tara said...

Ah! This is hilarious. Westley is so flippin' cute! I'm joining the weekly vlog bandwagon. It would be awesome indeed.