Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fall Fashion - Thursday

I had a completely different outfit in mind for today, but ran out of time to execute it. By which I mean there are piles of unfolded laundry sprawling all over my living room and I couldn't find anything to wear.

I dropped Westley off at preschool looking like this:
Fall Fashion - Thursday
(It was another painful, sobbing drop-off. At one point I even said, "Westley, I'm starting to lose my patience." Because, you know, this is all about me. But that's another story.)

This dress is another gets-compliments-from-men piece. I can't explain it. It's the simplest little belted shirt dress with itty-bitty gray polka dots that you probably can't see in the picture, but dudes love it. Go figure. (Ooh! Zing!)

The leggings, on the other hand... Not so much. Online, they looked like such a rich, lovely camel. In person? They look like, Uh, is she naked and using some weird self-tanner or...? I was looking for my asphalt gray leggings (to match the bitty polka dots) but they're frolicking with the unfolded masses and I couldn't find them.

Fall Fashion - Thursday
Sweater coat blanket thing, Target
Man-catching dress, Mexx, thrifted
Leggings, American Apparel
Boots, Nine West

I'm not sure about this outfit. I may change later—the weather seems to be warming up a bit—and if I do, you'll hear about it here. Or maybe not. Yesterday was a little tiring.

* * *
More Fall Fashion here!

.....................................

5 comments:

E said...

I love that dress. Such a good basic and easy to layer with, obviously. I wore tights yesterday and then it was warm and not fun. Seeing colors correctly online is. so. hard. But you look lovely, fake tanned legs and all. :)

KristinChaos said...

Boots with a wedge?? Can I have a pair?

Becca said...

you're one stylin' mama. I dig those boots!

Lea said...

Those boots are really nice!! Love the little

autumn said...

You look so classy. Like a real grown up with places to go- I like it.