Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall Fashion - Sunday

Sunday

Taking pictures of yourself is kind of awkward. Then again, I'd feel even more awkward trying to pose while my charming partner wielded the camera. So another week of mirror shots it is.

I told you I'd try to get a little more dressed up, and I did. (For a less-schlumpy family trip to the aquarium!) But I cheated a little. I wore basically this same outfit on vacation earlier this year, with sandals instead of ballet flats.

Sunday
Cardigan, Urban Outfitters, gifted
Maxi dress, Juicy Couture, thrifted
Shoes, Blowfish
Mouse Pelvis Necklace, Erica Weiner Jewelry, gifted

Edited to add — a necklace close-up! (Hi, Autumn!)
Mouse Pelvis Necklace
(And you can see a bunch of my moles really well. Incidentally, I just had them checked, and none of them are cancer. Yay!)

* * *
More Fall Fashion Week here! (And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one recycling summer outfits by changing up the shoes for fall.)

.....................................

17 comments:

Lea said...

I am loving the maxi dress paired with the blue cardigan! Great color combo!

E said...

Oh, teal and red. Definitely needing to do that sometime. You have some styling skills!

lexi said...

I love the bright colors! You look lovely!

katie said...

that is definitely an outfit worth wearing twice. =) you look great!

Jessica said...

The blue cardigan with the red dress is a lovely combo. Maxi dresses are the best. :-)

Allison the Meep said...

Such a cool outfit. And you're pretty to the level of it being ridonkulous. I don't just bust that word out for anything, either.

I suck so hard at changing my wardrobe for seasons. Instead, I will wear the same thing year round, but try to be climate appropriate. Like, just throwing on another light layer if it's chilly. I firmly believe in not following the rules for fashion. Or pretty much anything.

Noelle said...

Allison, I will totally wear this in the winter, with leggings and boots underneath and a coat on top. I have one wardrobe, many layers.

Emery Jo said...

this outfit is a head-turner for sure! I LOVE the color combo! totally inspiring.

The Beckster said...

I love love love that dress! You look amazing!

MOMSICLE VIBE said...

J'adore.

autumn said...

You mix colors SO well. I love it. How dumb is it that Seattle has fall weather that makes it possible to redo summer outfits . . . 80 degrees yesterday- GROSS. Also, can we have a close up of that necklace? That name has me beyond intrigued.

Not sure if the boots are smoke colored. . . they are so faded and changed from the initial buy color that I don't remember! But they are pretty brown so I doubt it.

KristinChaos said...

That sweater is such a good color and I love the buttons!

P.S. I have such a hard time asking other people to take my outfit photos too!!

Peace Love and Leener said...

LOVE THIS.

Charlotte said...

It's not cheating, it's creative clothes recycling!

Danielle said...

That necklace is so cool!! A mouse pelvis!! I love it. The colours in this outfit are so pretty.

Allison the Meep said...

MOUSE PELVIS!!! That is the most awesome thing EVER. I don't know why I am so in love with it, but it's so tiny and precious, but also dead. So that's probably why, because it's beautiful and kind of creepy.

Audrey doesn't say a ton of words yet, but has started yelling, "MOLE!" and pointing to every.single.mole she can find on me. What?!

Amber @ Not Mommy said...

Ha, like you and Allison I only have one wardrobe and many layers. There are very few things that I don't wear year round. I does get a little boring though. I guess I'm off the hook this year since I just bought a whole new batch of maternity wear ;D

BTW I love maxi dresses with boyfriend sweaters!