Thursday, June 23, 2011

D&C, WTF

<3

The doctor described the material in my uterus as having been there for "a very long time." Rob got the sense from talking to him that the doc didn't have a stock answer for this situation. He'd had to "chip away" at the lining of my uterus. (Have the screaming heebie-jeebies now? You're welcome.)

The doctor also mentioned that once everything that needed to come out was out, "the uterus looked very normal. So you may not have a bicornuate uterus."

Wha—?

He'll have more information for me at my follow-up appointment in two months. Did he really say two months? I was still waking up from anesthesia, but Rob swears he also heard the doc say "months." Doesn't this ladyparts doctor know that in uterine time, two months is for-fucking-ever!?

Anyway, as much as I want to get wrapped up in solving this mystery of my insides (I mean, just how long is a-very-in-italics long time? A Westley-long-time ago? What was that thing, really?) that road leads to Crazygirltown.

I think I'm done rubbernecking at my own body for a while.

.....................................

4 comments:

Amber @ Not Mommy said...

GASP
CRINGE
SOBS
How much more are you going to have to deal with?
I hate this for you so so so fucking much!

Allison the Meep said...

Whoa. WTF indeed.

I hope you're healing well, in all senses of the word.

Jessica said...

I really appreciate your candid honesty about everything you have gone through here. I hate that you've had such a difficult experience, but in a weird way, I've been totally interested in the story of it too. I hope your next story is a happier one though!

Good luck with the healing process!

MOMSICLE VIBE said...

Say WHAT??!! I want the follow-up story please! Also, you are a woman I admire. You have been through a lot. I love your honesty and your perspective. Thanks for telling your story. Heal up, friend.