Friday, April 15, 2011

Baby

One

Sometimes he still takes a nap. He wakes up with different proportions. His legs look longer. Little bumps of knuckles have replaced the dimples on the backs of his hands.

Two

He looks so grown up. It's hard not to think it. He's getting so big. Which is true, in a way. His whole job right now is still to get bigger and learn things. And he's doing both beautifully.

Three

But he's not really "grown up." Three, even three-and-a-half years is not a long time in the grand scheme of things. It wasn't all that long ago that he was on the inside, cushioned in his warm, watery world. Curled in a ball, bracing his tiny feet against bone.

Four

Sometimes it feels as though he's been here forever. But he's much closer to brand new.

.....................................

4 comments:

MOMSICLE VIBE said...

Love this.

tvchiq :) said...

so sweet...my son is 3 and a 1/2 also, and I love taking pix like these..love 'em--he's so cute... :)

Becca said...

what a sweet boy! these pictures are adorable.

Allison the Meep said...

Oh my gosh, I KNOW!!!!

Last night, Wade and I said, "What did we ever do with our lives before we had kids?" It feels like we've had them FOREVER. And I could never imagine my life without them now. But they are so new. So much closer to the source than we are, which is also why I think they're so intuitive.