Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summer Fashion - Wednesday

I tend to avoid florals when clothes-shopping. I don't know whether this is a hold-over from my heavier days (when I was really afraid of looking like upholstery), or if I'm just a little pattern-shy in general.

In any case, this dress was too cute to pass up.
Wednesday
I tired to do the "no make-up" make-up look, here, and I think I failed. I look a little anemic.
Wednesday
I especially love the buttons on this dress.
More things should have cool buttons.

I forgot to get a shot of the dress without the cardigan. It's sleeveless, and the neckline can't seem to make up it's mind about whether it's a high tank-style or a subtle boatneck. Regardless, I almost always wear this dress with some sort of cardigan or shrug, so there you go.

Wednesday
Charm bracelets charm me.

Wednesday
Yellow (is my favorite color) floral dress - GNW, thrifted
Cardigan - Target, a hojillian-skillion years ago
Charm bracelet - Vintage, gifted (thanks, Mom!)
Flats - Payless, thrifted

* * *
There is some serious style going on for Summer Fashion Week - including some great floral pieces that I would snatch up in a heartbeat! Check out the other entries at Moms are for Everyone, and leave these fashionable broads some comment-love.

.....................................

9 comments:

Emery Jo said...

you got this dress at a thrift store?! I am drooling over it! The print is amazing!!

Chelsea said...

wow. this is my fav outfit of yours yet! the print is amazing.

E said...

That dress is wonderful.

Erin said...

That dress is perfect. LOVE it.

candace said...

Love this dress and it looks amazing on you!

KillerB said...

The nail polish is perfect too :)

Rachael said...

I'm so glad you didn't pass this dress up in your aversion to florals! You look so feminine and purdy. Those shoes just go perfectly! Yay for big buttons too.

Molly said...

Yep, I love the print of that dress. And the button detail at the waist is too cute for words. Plus the neckline is super flattering. Basically, I love everything about it.

You look crazy cute.

plantmyappletree said...

The dress is too cute to be true, so nice! And I want those shoes :-) ... I am totally into flats and those are amazing.