Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Fashion - Tuesday

As much as I love wearing heels, I thought I'd give you a taste of what I look like when I have some hardcore toddler-wrangling to do.

These jeans are seriously beat up. They were one of my first full-price purchases after Westley was born. After months in maternity jeans - one lousy pair of maternity jeans, in fact - I was dying for something with a real waistband. And a zipper. And maybe even a button!

When I got (most of) the baby weight off, I walked right past the clearance racks and bought myself some brand-spankin'-new black skinnies. And wore them practically every day for a year and a half.
Let's go!
Ponytail? Check. Flat shoes? Check. About-to-burst diaper bag? Check.
I think I'm ready for the fruit market...and the park...and the library...and...

I picked up these sunglasses on a recent trip to Miami, when I realized that I didn't have any sunglasses with me. And I was in Miami. That's what I get for poor planning and packing in a hurry: new sunglasses!
Shirt - Old Navy, a long time ago
Sandals - Target
Glasses - ICU Eyewear
"Chirp" Trucker Bag - Queen Bee Creations, Gifted (thanks, honey!)

* * *
And just in case you were wondering what Westley wears when he has some hardcore Mommy-exhausting to do...
Mmm, Coconut!

Coconut Stance
Shirt - Old Navy, thrifted
Shorts - Target
Socks - Target
Shoes - Tsukihoshi

* * *
Head over to Moms are for Everyone for more fabulous Summer Fashion Week fun! And if you're not playing along (or even if you are), describe your mom-on-the-go outfit in the comments. I know I'm not the only one who wears the same pair of jeans practically every day!



autumn said...

hot mama. Your diaper bag is darling, and brilliant (messenger bag style is so smart). Super cute!

Laura said...

I stopped carrying a diaper bag wayyy long ago - I think because I never had a cute one like this! Adorable! Wish the fruit market & park & library were in my daily. :)

Chelsea said...

I LOVE the sunglasses and the black skinnies!

very very cute!

KillerB said...

Ooo, I like those shoes!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I love skinny jeans too. Nothing makes me feel better than fitting into them! (hee hee).

Awesome shades too!

Lea the Lion said...

I love your sandals! Great summer look! And I know what you mean about the 1 pair of maternity pants! ugh! haha

Molly said...

Your skinny jeans are hot!

Rachael said...

I've also been living in my skinny jeans. And way to look hot while toddler-wrangling!!!