Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer Fashion - Thursday

Okay, clearly I need to post pictures of myself wearing my thrift-store finds more often! Everyone's comments just keep making my day. You're all so lovely...and stylish!

And I can't believe it's Thursday already!
Thursday
My "I can't believe it's Thursday already!" face.

I'm in love with the color of this dress. It's kind of an off-orange, if such a color exists. I've recently discovered a love I didn't know I had for oranges and yellows. (Maybe it's the hair?) Hence the yellow sandals.
Thursday

This is a lunch-date-with-Rob-on-a-hot-day outfit (though it also works for running errands). A sweetheart neckline for my sweetheart, if you will.
Thursday
The bracelet was a "no-reason" gift from Rob years ago, because I'd been having a rough time at work. I put it on immediately and didn't take it off for a year. (I even wore it in labor.)

Now, what am I missing? Ah, yes, my bag.
Thursday

And sunglasses. Purple sunglasses. (Purple loves yellow.)
Thursday
Dress - Thrifted (no idea about the brand - there were no tags on it whatsoever)
Shoes - Cynthia Vincent for Target
Bag - Kooba
Sunglasses - Isaac Mizrahi for Target, thrifted
Silver bracelet (also seen - out of focus - here) - Gifted (thanks, honey!)

* * *
I can't wait to see what everyone is wearing today. I'm getting so much inspiration from your Summer Fashion Week looks! I'm taking notes. Honestly.

.....................................

20 comments:

plantmyappletree said...

The dress is a real sunbeam, it looks so good on you. Too bad I can't wear orange since it goes terrible with my hair.

And the bracelet is amazing, I think I would wear it all the time - so simple and special.

Chelsea said...

that burnt orange is super cute on you. i love the color combos with the sandals. that's totally something I would wear. You look hot!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

that dress looks amazing on you and the color is perfection with your hair!!

Emery Jo said...

that dress is flawless-- a super fun and unique color, comfortable, and sooo flattering!

Paige said...

We are totally wearing the same shoes today! Except, yours are in a MUCH more fun shade of yellow... I can't seems to veer much off black :)

Katie said...

Wow, what a thrift store find! You look so glamorous! Have fun on your lunch date!

Allison the Meep said...

You seriously are such a good dresser. And even cooler that it's all thrifted. For some reason, I get deeply offended at the idea that clothes have to be expensive. Most of my favorite things cost less than $10.

Although I have to say, with my I-just-had-a-baby-four-months-ago body, I kind of dress like a hobo lately because I refuse to spend money, even thrift store money, on new clothing. Can't wait to have my body back so I can buy cute stuff again.

Jessica G. said...

I love the color and cut of your dress! It is so flattering. And those sandals are so nice and feminine.

A.M.H. said...

love, love, love the colors!

Sarita said...

That dress is a seriously great find.

Armando Codina said...

Wow! that dress is so good. I really like it. I want same dress for my daughter.

Marianne Elixir said...

I love the dress! I love it when something can be bold and simple at the same time. Plus, purple totally loves yellow.

Awesome Alicia said...

I love the color of that dress. you wear it so well! adorable!

candace said...

Weird, my comments keep disappearing. Anyway, you look awesome in that color the dress is way sexy!

You should totally start posting more pics of yourself, you are one hot mama!

KillerB said...

What a great story your bracelet has! I'd wear it all the time too :)

Cindy said...

I love, love, love the bag! Too nice! You look very pretty!

Cali Cakes said...

Amazing! The neckline is stunning, you look amazing! I love that you wore the bracelet in labor! Love the pink lips!

Laura said...

love the color and i think the bag totally makes this outfit. the bracelet is BEAUTIFUL!

Rachael said...

That color was MADE to be worn by you! And that is THE BEST DRESS! It looks so comfy and yet so amazing flattering which can be pretty hard to pull off (Mumus = comfy, not so flattering).

E said...

That dress is wonderful, especially the details on the bodice.