Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summer Fashion - Sunday

I'm making a sad face. A sad-that-Summer-Fashion-Week-is-over face.
Sunday

Fashion week has been beyond fantastic. I've had a blast putting together ensembles that go beyond my usual tunic-y top/skinny jeans/black ballet flats uniform. And - more importantly - I feel like I've "met" a bunch of wonderful bloggers!

I started the week off in basic black, so I'm ending in not-so-basic white.
Sunday

I stinkin' love this dress. I find reasons to wear it. If I were getting married tomorrow, I would wear this dress. It's my go-to piece for the theater, even though theater air conditioning tends to feel like arctic wind when you're wearing a linen minidress.
Sunday
Why am I standing like this?

The headband was inspired by Rachael inspired by Emery inspired by Paige. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite right to wear across the forehead.
Sunday
Dress - BB Dakota, thrifted
Boots - Nine West
Headband - Goody, some drugstore
(Mirror smudge - Westley)

However, while I do find reasons to haul this dress out of my closet, it's not exactly the right thing to wear while bread-baking and house-tidying.

This is what I actually wore today.
Sunday II

Sunday II Sunday II
Tank - J. Crew, thrifted
Bra (since it's showing - classy!) - Gilligan & O'Malley, Target (currently on sale!)
Jeans - Same as Saturday
Shoes - Blowfish

* * *
We'll be back to our regularly scheduled, fashion-lite blogging 'round these parts shortly. Until then, check out the final outfits here. You might even find yourself inspired to get a little extra dressed up tomorrow morning!

.....................................

12 comments:

Lea the Lion said...

I love that dress!!! And man those boots make it even more adorable!

Chelsea said...

that dress, your make up, and your lipstick is just stunning. I'm LOVING that dress! ugh! you pull it off well!

Rachael said...

Thanks for the shout-out!!!! That made me feel so special! Love that the inspiration just went 'round and 'round there. That's what so great about this week. You've inspired me too! ESPECIALLY with today's outfit! Talk about going out with a bang! That is a sexy number (hope that doesn't come off as creepy).

Charlotte said...

I've loved looking at your fashion posts this week. You've got such style and sass. :D

Awesome Alicia said...

you are one hot lady! dang! the dress with the makeup with the boots. ouch! you definitely went out with a bang!

& I also love your actual look. comfy yet so cute.

p/s: thanks for your sweet comments this week! wish I could hug you!

E said...

I love the retro look of the dress and boots, and the pattern on the dress is fantastic!

Katie said...

Wow, that outfit just makes me want to crank up the Nancy Sinatra. Love it!

Paige said...

I never wore a headband before this week... and I am so glad I did. YOU LADIES ALL LOOK AMAZING IN THEM. And, now I will actually do something with my drawer full of headbands.

That white dress? With those boots? You could be a FemBot Fem Fataile. [That is a good thing... so amazing looking that you aren't even real and can kill men with your good looks... so good]. And PLEASE keep rocking those jeans from yesterday/today... they are awesome. Husbands don't know sh*t about fashion.

Sarita said...

That ensemble is Mod! Rock it.

Cindy said...

How could you let me know about Blowfish???? As we speak, a killer pair of red flats are headed my way!

Molly said...

Just when I thought I couldn't love your style MORE. That white dress is totally amazing. You look stunning.

Thank you so much for all of your sweet comments this week and for making Summer Fashion Week so much fun!

Megan said...

I love your fashion wear, you look stunning and great.Thank you for sharing and I'm looking forward to see and read more blog post.