Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer Fashion - Monday

It's Summer Fashion Week! I thought I'd get dressed up for the occasion.

Monday
This is a favorite piece from my mostly-thrifted wardrobe. I get compliments every time I wear it (mostly from my husband, who has a thing for belted dresses and women in button-front anything).

Monday
It's hard to show off the dress and the shoes at the same time.
(With some luck, I'll master taking pictures of myself by the end of the week.)

Monday
Pinky-toe cleavage: side boob of the foot.

The only "problem" with this dress is the color. Tiny grey polka dots on black aren't especially summery. So here's a bit of red silk to brighten things up:

Monday

Silk and sterling silver necklace - Gifted (thanks, Mom!)
Dress - Mexx, thrifted
Shoes - Fioni (Payless), thrifted

* * *
Check out more fabulous Summer Fashion Week entries at Moms are for Everyone. And I hope some of you will play along! It's not too late to join in!

.....................................

12 comments:

Emery Jo said...

So pretty!! I am a big fan of classic, timeless pieces and this is soooo flattering on you! And the shoes go perfectly with it!

I'm excited you're joining in the fun!

:)

Chelsea said...

Love those shoes!

Allison the Meep said...

Oh my god, "Pinky-toe cleavage: side boob of the foot." That just made me laugh so very hard. Please tell me you've seen the episode of Family Guy where Peter starts his own show all about side boob. I can't think of anything else but Peter Griffin when I hear "side boob".

Also, love the dress. You're wicked hot.

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

You look really pretty.

Laura said...

AND pretty nail polish! a staple of my summer wardrobe.

autumn said...

Your bangs are so wonderful! I love love love them.

Molly said...

"Side boob of the foot" = HYSTERICAL

Love your dress. It's the perfect basic black.

Rachael said...

I had that exact same dress and I had to give it away cuz it looks AWFUL on me. You get super-extra points for not only pulling it off, but taking it above and beyond to absolute classy-girl style. Love, love, love the necklace too!

E said...

I love the shirtdress style and you look amazing in it. Also, t-straps are awesome.

Lea the Lion said...

I love your black classy look! And you can never go wrong with those shoes!

candace said...

Oh sexy, I love the look! Are you taking Westley to the playground in those heels! I think it is very summery, like a summer night out having wine at a street cafe (very french)!

I have to admit, my preggo body is jealous of your cuteness!

Cindy said...

Well, I can't think of anything else but Peter Griffin when I hear "side boob". thanx for the post.