Friday, July 16, 2010

Summer Fashion - Friday

It's Casual Friday 'round these parts.
Friday

Or should I say, "cat-sual Friday"?
Friday
Hello, kitty!

I rarely go sleeveless. Insecurities about my upper arms and the ever-changing Seattle-area weather make sleeves pretty much non-optional. However! I really prefer this outfit without the cardigan.
Friday

The necklace was a Valentine's Day gift from Rob...except that I bought it. The February after Westley was born, we were still getting the hang of new parenthood and didn't have much time to shop for each other. So we bought our own presents, wrapped them, and the gift-giving "surprise" element was seeing what we'd "given" to the other person. (I'm ashamed to say I don't actually remember what I "got" Rob.)

In any case, the necklace came from one of my favorite shops in Seattle. The owner told me that it belonged to a woman who had collected owls, and that it was one of literally hundreds of different owl necklaces the woman had acquired by the time she died.
Friday
Cardigan - Ann Taylor Loft, thrifted
Striped top - Gap, thrifted
Jeans - Forever 21, thrifted
Shoes - Same as Wednesday
Necklace - Vintage, gifted-ish
Kitty (Fiona) - She's a rescue!

* * *
What about you? Did you dress up or down for Friday? (Can stay-at-home moms even have Casual Friday?)

.....................................

16 comments:

Chelsea said...

the cardigan and necklace are awesome. you look darling.

plantmyappletree said...

Ah those shoes again - the more often I look that them, I want to have them... siiiiigh.

The owl necklace is so nice!

I usually dress down for Friday - and whenever I really dress down (like wearing a wornout poloshirt) a surprise customer announces a meeting and I don't have time to drive home and change.

Amanda said...

You look lovely! And I want to steal your cat!

Kalle said...

You look great. Those shoes rock.

Laura said...

yes, i LOVE the outfit without the sweater, but it actually love it with, too. this is a great outfit. i am a sucker for stripes especially classic colors like navy. it gives a traditional element to a more modern ensemble. totally something i would do!

Sarita said...

Im in love with that necklace. And want to see the rest of that ladies collection now. And why the insecurity about your arms? I think they look fabulous(as does the the shirt, with and without cardigan).

I will be on the road to Seattle this afternoon!

Baby in Broad said...

Amanda - Fiona might actually go along with being stolen. Two-and-a-half years later, she's just now forgiving me for having had a baby and no longer having free lap real estate.

Sarita - I know, right? There were only a couple of necklaces in the case when I was shopping, but Maxine (the store owner) said she's putting them out slowly, a few at a time. I imagine they're all stashed in a trunk somewhere, and I'm completely curious about what all the rest of them look like.

Why the arm insecurity? All the usual maladies: rough skin, moles for days, stretch marks (yes, even on my arms), jiggly bits. No good reason, really.

Christina said...

I love love love that necklace! And I agree, the outfit without the cardi is great...don't be insecure, girl! :)

Erin said...

Love your outfit today. That necklace is amazing.

Katy said...

LOVE THAT NECKLACE!!!!

That shirt is adorable as well!!! :-)

Marianne Elixir said...

The Owl necklace is amazing! Oh to look in that bag at the rest of them!

Rachael said...

Cat-sual Friday? You crack me up! The cardigan is great but I agree with your preference for the outfit without. Those jeans look super bold! I have some like it that I haven't built up the courage to wear, you're inspiring me everyday. :)

E said...

I hear you about the Seattle weather. You have to layer to survive. In terms of your arms, don't be afraid to bare them! Love the outfit!

Lea the Lion said...

WOW! Great necklace! Your outfit looks VERY good for being casual!

Billi London-Gray said...

OWL! I love owls. I love your necklace.

kathy said...

Wow! Really amazing pictures. You are looking soo good. The necklace is so beautiful!