It's time for mid-year resolutions again, and I'm excited. Pumped, actually! Are you ready to set some personal goals? Let's go!
I've been following Joanna's progress on her 32 Before 32 list, and creating my own list of things to accomplish seemed like might be a fun challenge. Usually, my resolutions are sort of free-form: work on my posture - exercise more often - make time to read. Nothing really measurable or "to do listy" and check-off-able. But that's the great thing about lists: watching them shrink. Seeing your progress as you cross out or check off. There. Done.
Since today is my half-birthday - which I celebrate, even though I'm not in elementary school anymore and that "and-a-half" part of someone's age doesn't totally matter - it seems kind of appropriate that my mid-year resolutions should take the form of a "28 by 28" list.
I have six months in which to do all of the following things:
- Do 10 real push-ups - without collapsing into a heap afterwards.
- Pack up the baby stuff and store it in the attic.
- Donate all the clothes I never wear to Goodwill.
- Organize my closet.
- Make tasty gluten-free bread at home, without a bread machine.
- Put the books in bookcases.
- Assemble a "No Suicide File" - essentially a scrapbook to remind me of all the wonderful things in my life when I feel especially depressed.
- Knit a hat.
- Stop biting, picking, and otherwise mangling my fingernails.
- Get dressed to the nines and go out with Rob.
- Spend some quality time with my brother.
- Help my brother with a writing project.
- Get some matching dishes.
- Throw a party!
- Figure out what to do with the playroom closet.
- Stay under budget on groceries for at least a month.
- Find a preschool for Westley.
- Reorganize the pantry.
- Buy some gardening tools - and actually use them.
- Change my name.
- Do the 30-Day Shred for a full 30 days.
- Revamp this blog! (Two columns? Three? New header? New blog title, even? Decisions!)
- Read Martha Stewart's Homekeeping Handbook cover to cover (all 752 pages).
- Make a mix CD especially for Westley.
- Eat raw for a week.
- Pray the Rosary.
- Get my hair cut.
- Ride the bus with Westley.
And now, because blog posts are more fun with photos, I give you...my half-birthday lunch!
I was inspired by Rebecca's "Quinuevos Rancheros," and decided to veganize it with scrambled tofu, and Parmezano Sprinkles from The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook.
(After months and months of living soy-free - and then soy-light - I seem to be getting back together with my old friend, tofu. So far, so good. But we've got a honeymoon thing going on right now. Or should it be an "agavemoon," since we eat a vegan diet 'round these parts?)
Fluffing the quinoa. (Food porn needs fluffers, too!)
Quinoa, scrambled tofu, hempseed Parmezano Sprinkles. Needs more color!
There's a half-birthday party in my tummy.
Your turn! Any mid-year resolutions you're making? Care to share? (If you tell me, I promise I'll cheer you on.)